Thursday, September 14, 2017

To Diet or Not to Diet?

Hi All,

With all my new health developments I am trying to research ways to make life easier on my body. Now that I am used to my medicine things are better but I am still achy and have had sleep troubles because of pain. Everything I have read says that I need to heal my gut before I do anything else. I have to admit I have not been eating the best lately. So, I guess I will give it a try.

A lot of articles suggest that Sjogren's is linked to Celiac's disease. For those of you who don't know, Celiac's is a gluten intolerance basically. I have not found out if I have this or not but I am seriously hoping NOT! I love bread waay too much for this to hit me. My mother has it and I have watched her basically give up on eating bread regularly. It is a sad thing.



I have "dieted" in the past and I always told myself I will cut back on things but I will never give up bread completely. So, here I am faced with this conundrum. I don't see my rheumatologist until the end of October so I am seeing what I can do until then to help my body. My mom really thinks I have at least a gluten sensitivity and wants me to try going gluten free to see what happens. The problem with that is- besides the obvious- going gluten free doesn't mean I will be "healthier" or have the potential of losing weight from it.

JK I have a lot more to lose than that ;D


Some gluten free products have more calories and sugar to compensate for the lack of gluten. I know it sounds weird but it is true. With this problem I am going to try and see what I can do without some gluten free options and be very mindful of the calories and sugar intake. I do not want to gain unnecessary weight because this option seems better, "healthier", or whatever.



I wanted to put it out there and see what you all thought about this. Does anyone have Celiac's and found certain brands are better than others? Has anyone gone gluten free and not had a health reason that forced them? Also, if anyone has comments or thoughts about Sjogren's in general that would be helpful as well since I am new to this whole thing! Your comments and thoughts are welcome and always appreciated. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Diet or Not to Diet?

Hi All, With all my new health developments I am trying to research ways to make life easier on my body. Now that I am used to my medicine...