Tuesday, September 5, 2017

One Step At A Time

Hi All,

There was another break in our regularly scheduled updates unfortunately. I apologize for the lack of updates but I have a good reason for it.

I have just recently been diagnosed with both mental illness and an autoimmune disease. I had no idea and it explains a lot about what I have been feeling the last 2 years. I have an autoimmune disease called Sjogren's syndrome. The short of it is my white blood cells are attacking my saliva glands and joints. I have mild symptoms right now but all of the muscle and joint aches are caused by this. Explains why I have trouble getting myself moving some mornings.



Anyways, it has been a rough road for me the past couple months. I have felt sicker than I ever have before in the worst "I am sorta functioning" way. Sleeping is a chore because I am either sleeping way too much or have severe insomnia. My body hurts and I get headaches a lot more than I ever have. All of this combined with my mental illness and struggles with that are making life very difficult.


But on a more positive note, I am working for a company I love doing something rewarding that has a flexible schedule. I am getting answers and better at managing things everyday. I have great friends all over the world who support and love me and some who are trying to get me my dream job. Kelly has always been an ear and sends me encouraging messages that help me more than she knows. Her journey is still going strong and I love seeing updates from her. She is very busy these days too with her grown up job and getting married to the love of her life. We have both missed out on a few posts but we hope you readers are still interested in our crazy lives.


I now have a schedule where I have enough energy to go back to the gym so I will see how I do with that in the coming week. I also am seeing a rheumatologist soon to figure out where I can go from here. Thank you everyone for being patient and keeping up with our blog! Hopefully, we will be here more often once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Diet or Not to Diet?

Hi All, With all my new health developments I am trying to research ways to make life easier on my body. Now that I am used to my medicine...