Thursday, June 1, 2017

What's With the Title, "Do Want Health"?

When Klaira and I were coming up on the end of our M.A. program, there were a few nights (read: nearly every weekend) where we needed to unwind and not think about course work or teaching.  One such night resulted in lots of Dove chocolate and wine, paired with a Merlin binge session.


Dove chocolate has begun their own "Promises" campaign wherein each chocolate wrapper has a little message. One such "Promise" challenged us to "Coin a New Catchphrase."

This particular weekend would also be the weekend that we attended the DePaul Pop Culture: Harry Potter conference in Chicago. 

We promised (pun not intended) to think up some kind of catchphrase as the weekend went on, and moved on with our night from there.  As the weekend progressed and we attended Harry Potter conference panels (I never, in my wildest dreams, thought that would be something I could say), Klaira and I, along with our friend Erica who also attended the conference, met a number of interesting people with great ideas about Harry Potter and how the series influences our culture or can influence society for the better.


With all of the great ideas, there were also quite a few recommended readings thrown into conversation about scholarship on the series.

All of this being said, by the end of the conference there was brand new "Must Read" list that we all walked away with.  This is where "Do Want..." comes from.

On the train ride home, in all of the exhaustion, full sentences were not a thing. "Do want read" became the only way to express interest in the new list of suggested readings.

This, then, spun out of control and suddenly we "Do want" anything from more chocolate to more exercise in our lives to more sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Diet or Not to Diet?

Hi All, With all my new health developments I am trying to research ways to make life easier on my body. Now that I am used to my medicine...